A to Z Challenge 2013

Friday, April 13, 2012

K is for Kuru

Is there a word for an inability to make blogger scheduling work like its supposed to (no comments from the peanut gallery, Rick Daley)?  It's also rather ironic that I'm an IT guy and I can't ever get a scheduled post to actually post correctly.

In any event, here is the post I was supposed to have up yesterday.  Today's (or yesterday's rather) word is Kuru, which means:

A degenerative brain disease that is contracted via cannibalism

Now that is an awesome word IMHO.  Can you imagine the discussion with your doctor if you come up with this particular ailment?

"Dammit, I knew I should have just said no when we were all deciding who would eat Fred."

Of course, its a great form of revenge for people captured in the Polynesian islands.  Muhaha, go ahead and eat me buddy.  You're going to die a slow painful death later!

Sorry for the lateness, I'll put up my L post in just a bit (manually of course).  Any other thoughts on this cool word though?

3 comments:

Rick Daley said...

Oh, I love a challenge. And peanuts, especially honey-roasted.

G.I.A.G.D- An acronym for Google Is As Google Does. Specifically, it describes the powerlessness of individuals (IT-trained or otherwise) in the face of Google's bugs, such as supposed conflicting edits to a blog post, failure for future-scheduled posts to show up, etc.

Eric said...

LOL, I KNEW you couldn't help but respond. Thanks for putting a name to my particular disfunction.

Patricia Stoltey said...

I had a problem with Blogger pre-scheduling last year but so far this year (knock on wood) it's been working just fine. Hope it all straightens out soon.