A to Z Challenge 2013

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Drought Is Over!

It's safe to say I've been struggling with writing for some time now.  The words dried up and no matter how much I might have wanted to put something on the page, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  Today however, I finally bit the bullet and managed just over 1K words.

Okay, it's not a stellar achievement and the words weren't exactly flowing like a rushing river, but it's a start.  I also wouldn't say I've hit my stride with this story I'm working on, but I am going to keep trudging through the rough start and hopefully find my pace again.

All I can say is that I'm proud of myself for shaking off the shackles of anxiety and fear that have kept me from making any progress whatsoever.  I should know by now that a writer has to keep writing, even when he doesn't really feel like he's creating anything useful.  It's easy enough to say but sometimes it's really hard to find words you can be proud of.  And I don't know for sure if I can say the words written today are noteworthy, but at least they're out of my head and on the page.   That's enough for me to keep going.

Anyone else make progress lately when you thought you couldn't?

1 comment:

Артур Борис  said...

My name is arthur from London,I want to share my testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal medicine cures my hpv and hsv, I have suffered for five years of such much pain with this disease until I came to know of Dr Itua herbal center and his great herbal works that he has done to help a lot of people around the globe with different kind of diseases.Dr Itua also cures all sorts of chronic illness and diseases with his herbal medicine he can cure hiv,herpes,Lupus,Hpv,cancer, and other human body infections.
Visit his herbal website https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/ or email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com he's a man with a good heart