A to Z Challenge 2013

Thursday, November 19, 2009

We Done Good, Guys!


Yesterday I had a moment of nostalgia, wondering what had become of the Blogman award. In case you missed this post, this badge is a small (but really fun) achievement I was a big part of. Elana and Abby were my cohorts in this endeavor as well.

Anyway, I was distracting myself from NaNo for a bit and went on a hunt to see just how far this badge has gone. It's so awesome. People like BettieLee over at Far Seeing Fairy Tales, and Jade at Jade Hears Voices were lucky recipients who had fun with the award and passed it on. I began to follow the chain of awardees and was lost among blogs for way too much time. It was an enjoyable distraction though, especially since I know I helped get this started.

Yeah, it's a bit egotistical perhaps to be celebrating this event, but what the hell. Elana and Abby, celebrate with me. We spawned an award that has spread smiles throughout blogdom and made people feel better, even if for just a moment. Throw on some Joe Cool shades, crack open a Diet Coke (or Jack Daniels if that's your preference), and smile wide. We done good.

4 comments:

Abby Annis said...

Very cool! I'm glad everyone likes it so much. :)

Michelle H. said...

It's gone viral. The greatest achievment in the Internet world. Congrats!

Tere Kirkland said...

Wahoo! Celebrate away, y'all!

You deserve it. ;)

Kathryn Hupp-Harris said...

Yay! Good job!