A to Z Challenge 2013

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Writing With Friends

A fellow blogger - Elana over at Mindless Musings - has issued a writer's challenge. Since I've had trouble getting motivated about my WIP, I decided this might just the impetus I need to get busy. The idea is that we all aim for 500 words a day. I have volunteered to join the crowd, and its apparent that alot of other writers feel my pain. The list of participants for this endeavor has grown to a respectable length. Now I just have to put up a word count here, so I can keep track of my progress.

Another motivator I have found is a writer's conference that will be coming to Denver this September. Despite that fact that I have so much going on, I have set myself a goal to have a completed final manuscript by then. I've never gone to anything like this before, so I'm really excited and nervous at the same time. So assuming I get my final draft ready, how does one prepare to attend these things? Is there a dress code? Are jeans a faux pas? So many questions, so much research I'll have to do before then. First, its time to get cranking on today's 50o words. Thanks for the motivation Elana.

4 comments:

Windy said...

Hi Eric, I jumped in on Elana's writer's challenge too and saw you there (as well as a few other blogs I follow). I agree, this is going to be a great motivator for me, too. Better get on my 500 words! ;)

Angie Ledbetter said...

You can doooo it!

Liana Brooks said...

Good luck with 500 words! It's only about a page a day in TNR 12-point font.

I know, that doesn't help at all some days. But it really is doable. Think of it as warm up for NaNo in November!

Elana Johnson said...

Woot!