A to Z Challenge 2013

Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday Musings

Have you sat down and knew you wanted to write something, but didn't know where to begin? Thats where I'm at this morning. I have ten billion words, phrases, and imagery floating around in my skull and not sure where I'm going with it, so bear with me.

I am going to do a few separate posts today, because there's alot going on. My book review of Evensong will be posted in just a few, and I am waiting (anxiously) for my copy of Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet (by Jamie Ford) to arrive in my hot little hands on Wednesday. I'll be reviewing that one shortly as well. Jamie (should I call him Mr. Ford?) has graciously agreed to allow me an interview regarding this book, so keep your eyes open for that sometime next week. I picked his book as my next must-read for a reason. Its his debut novel, and its on the New York Times Best Seller's List (as if you didn't know, right). In my continuing struggle to be an exceptional author, he's obviously someone I can learn from.

I'm going to start a short story, in addition to my current WIP. For one thing, I have moments when I really want to write, but I'm not in the right "zone" to continue with my WIP. I don't want to lose the energy, so I'd like something else I can work on. There's also the whole idea that maybe I can find somewhere to publish said short story, which wouldn't be half bad either.

Lastly I'd like to say thanks to everyone who stops by to comment. On the whole, the community of authors, agents, editors, etc is really fun to to be a part of. I've gotten so much good advice, read so many interesting perspectives, and have learned a ton over the last few months. Hopefully I've contributed as much good to others' sites as has been contributed to mine.

Oh yeah, Jenna has been kind enough to bestow upon me the Lemonade Stand Award. I'll put something up individually about the award, but thank you. Your words are heartfelt and appreciated.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you ever struggle with short stories? I try to whip some out, but everything always wants to be a novel. Oh well : )

Eric said...

Honestly I've never tried any KLo, but I'll let you know how it goes. Prior to my current WIP, I hadn't written anything since high school. So this will be interesting.