A to Z Challenge 2013

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

40 And Counting

It astounds me that I have 40 followers. Okay, so this isn't as significant a number as 50 or maybe even 100. But it struck me as completely cool. Thanks everybody for coming to the party.

Now I didn't just want to put a post up about that. I ran across an incredibly useful post on Michelle McLean's blog about showing rather than telling. This has been a concept I've struggled (and probably still will struggle with for some time), but Michelle explains it very clearly. This is one post you really should read, even if you've conquered this particular bastion of evil.

I recently received my copy of "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" from Amazon, and I am fairly far along in the book. I will be posting a review of this excellent book in a day or two, so keep your eyes peeled. I also emailed the author, Jamie Ford, who has kindly agreed to an interview. So I'll have that out to you all in a few days as well. Jamie has all the appearances of being a very down-to-earth author, despite the fact that this debut novel of his has already climbed the charts (so to speak). I can vouch for the fact that he is unassuming and quite friendly, so its going to be a real pleasure to have him on the blog.

Lastly, I seem to have gotten over my bout of writer's distraction/avoidance and am back at the wheel. I appreciate everyone's support, and hopefully I'll have both of my projects done soon.

8 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Congrats on getting back in the groove. I'm trying to get there myself.

PurpleClover said...

Yay - you're in the groov-y!

Okay that's just silly.

Congrats on 40 followers! Ain't it kewl?! I just hit the big 4-0 myself!

Davin Malasarn said...

Good luck with the writing, Eric, and congratulations on the followers! It seems like you're gaining some momentum!

Unknown said...

Forty's a great number : ) Your blog is notable for being interesting, informative, relevant, and especially helpful. Keep up the great work : )

Lynnette Labelle said...

That's great that you're writing again. Nothing's worse for me than when I take a few weeks off. I swear I get physically ill.

Lynnette Labelle
http://lynnettelabelle.blogspot.com

Elana Johnson said...

Back in the groove? Schweet!

Matt said...

Excellent! Hope to hear more on your progress soon!

Kate said...

Good to see you writing again.