A to Z Challenge 2013

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blog Chain - An Irish Hobby Song

When I woke up 'dis mornin'
And clambered outta bed
The question posed by that crafty Cole
Knocked me in da head!

She talked about the Internet
And how the love was gone
In the battle for attention
Her sewin' hobby won

Michelle then jumped on stage
And did a country dance
Swingin' her pencil to and fro
She thrust it like a lance

What ya do fer hobbies?
These women yelled at me
What ya do to keep yer muse
Laughin' wild and free?

I had to think a moment
'Fore yellin' me reply
I didn' wanna come off soundin'
Like a dorky guy

So I struck a manly pose
And flexed me biceps too
I wove a tale of splendor
Bout what I like to do

The games, they come a callin'
When I be needin' a smile
Me n the boys, we play the games
Laughin' all the while

And when all is said and done
My muse, he beckons me
He whispers words in me ears again
While swingin' from a tree

With nothing more to tell 'em
I spied the other Michelle
It's time for her to share her tale
C'mon lass, ring their bell!

And those of you out there listenin'
Come and join the show
Tell us 'bout your hobbies
Before it's time to go

Tell us 'bout your hobbies
BEFORE........IT'S........TIME........TO........GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!


21 comments:

Michelle H. said...

LOL! What a great rhyme! I'm about to dance an Irish jig.

Amanda Bonilla said...

AWESOME! :) Eric, you ROCK!!!

Eric said...

Michelle - Woohoo, I got her dancin'

Amanda - Awwww, thank you. I'm glad you liked it :)

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

A friend of mine has a son who performs Irish dances, so your poem reminds me of him. Very impressive to answer this question in verse!

Eric said...

Sandra - That's awesome (doing Irish dances). I always marvel at people who can do that stuff well. Thanks for the compliment though.

Glynis Peters said...

Clicking heels in a salute to you, Eric! :)

Eric said...

Glynis - Thank you. It's always great to see you stop by :)

Monica said...

Awesome rhyme!! Found you from the A-Z Challenge, it sounds like it’s going to be so much fun and I can’t wait to get started!! I’m now following your blog on GFC and I hope you have a chance to check out my blog and maybe follow me back!!
Monica
http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

Eric said...

Monica - Thank you. I will definitely check out your blog and follow you. Good luck with the A-Z Challenge. I agree that it's going to be alot of fun :)

Unknown said...

Haha! I love it! Nice hobby and nice song!

Kathryn Hupp-Harris said...

Oh my goodness, Eric. I can't get the Irish Drinking Song from Whose Line Is It Anyway? out of my head now.

Ha! Awesome.

baygirl32 said...

da diddly de di da do... i caught myself singing instead of reading your words! great job

http://baygirl32.blogspot.com

Sylvia Ney said...

Cool poem. I look forward to reading more from you.

SueH said...

....and now I have Irish fiddle music buzzin' in my head as I do a 'Michael Flatley' across the floor! ;-p

Great rhyme - I, too, was singing the words instead of just reading them!

SueH I refuse to go quietly!

Margie Gelbwasser said...

You got talent, dude! So not only do you write great fiction but poems too. This is really great!

Christine Fonseca said...

DUDE!!! Best. Response. Ever!

Unknown said...

Nice! I always enjoy a good Irish jig!

Anonymous said...

Wow. SO. Awesome!!!!

The pic made me LOL too! :D

Abby Annis said...

This is awesome, Eric! Love it! :)

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

Great rhyme, I could totally hear it set to some crazy Irish jigging music!

Cole Gibsen said...

Ha! This is awesome, Eric. You are so insanely talented. :D