A to Z Challenge 2013

Monday, June 14, 2010

Helllooo.....

Yep, I've been absent for a while. I'm sure nobody noticed. For those that did, I apologize. I took a vacation, from everything. I was off from my day job for a week, and I spent a bunch of time with my kids and wife. We didn't really do anything, just spent time. It was really nice and relaxing. I realize I left everyone and everything here in a lurch, and for that I apologize. I should have at least left notice.

In any event, I'm back and will be getting back to regular posts. I'm currently beginning my Masters degree program, which I am sure will prove to be fairly difficult. I've also applied for a new job, so we'll see how that goes. If I'm lucky, I'll get the opportunity to join a new team and start new adventures in a slightly different direction. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my hopes up anyway.

I have to admit though, it's fairly energizing to take a vacation like that. No appointments, no demands on my time. Just waking up when I wake up, walking around in the pj's, breathing in and out. If you get the opportunity to do something similar, I highly recommend it. It's amazing how much we miss while we're working away like busy little bees, frantic in our lives to get things done. There's nothing wrong with being productive of course, but taking breaks and relaxing is important too. For example, one evening the wife and I found shapes in the clouds with our kids, marveling at their imaginations and the beautiful shades of color streaking across the sky. Small moments like these can have great impact.

Okay, enough reminiscing about my past vacation. Time to get back to work. Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

The Screaming Guppy said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a good vaca! Hope you had a few gallons of DC. ;)

Travis Erwin said...

Welcome back. I've been sporadic at best myself so who am I to judge?

Angie said...

Your vacation sounds wonderful. We all need those from time to time. Welcome back!

Michelle H. said...

Good to have you back! I think it's the same with everyone - sporadic postings. Hope everything is going well.

Cole Gibsen said...

Glad you're back! We've missed you :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You have to take a vacation to breath? No wonder you needed some time off!

Eric said...

Guppster - Nice to hear from you. And you know how I roll :)

Travis - Hey there dude. We were going to take a trip down your way, but it didn't work out. Oh well, maybe next time.

Angie - Thank you. Yeah, I haven't had a vaca in quite some time, so it was nice.

Michelle - Thanks. It must be an infection spreading around, huh? SporadicPosting-Itus.

Cole - Awww, thanks. I'm likin' the new picture you have now too.

Alex - Somedays it does feel like I barely have time to breathe :) Thanks though.

Anonymous said...

I'm seven days from vacation myself. Glad you had a relaxing time.

Glynis Peters said...

It is good to hear you had some family time. Good luck with your new ventures.


Author Blog: Glynis Smy