A to Z Challenge 2013

Friday, June 3, 2011

Celebrating Possession

If you haven't heard yet, Elana Johnson's book Possession will be coming out in just a few days (June 7th).  You can also pre-order the book now if you so desire.  And since I owe Elana way more than I can ever repay (whether she knows she has been a huge influence on my writing or not), I just had to make today's post about this book.  Besides, I know what an awesome writer (and mentor and just all around supercool ninja) she is and so I am compelled to spread word of her magnificence throughout the world.

So what is Possession?  Rather than explain in my own meager way, here's a quote from the book's site itself:


Vi knows the Rule: Girls don't walk with boys, and they never even think about kissing them. But no one makes Vi want to break the Rules more than Zenn...and since the Thinkers have chosen him as Vi's future match, how much trouble can one kiss cause? The Thinkers may have brainwashed the rest of the population, but Vi is determined to think for herself.


This is a game of control or be controlled. And Vi has no choice but to play.


This story will be nothing short of spectacular, of that I'm sure.  Elana is a masterful storyteller and I cannot wait to pick up my copy.  I will probably do a more thorough review of it later too.   This is one of my most anticipated reads, particularly since I have always been impressed by Elana's knowledge of craft and her ability to spin an entertaining yarn - regardless of the topic.  Her blog is a must-read every day.

Also, if you haven't had a chance to enter the contest I'm running for a free copy of Beth Revis' book Across The Universe, make sure you get over there right now.  Time is running out and that's another book everyone absolutely must read.

Finally, here's a funny video to keep you laughing on a Friday.  After all, Friday should be about fun.  And what's more fun that laughing along with Weird Al.  That dude is awesome! Have a nice weekend everyone.

5 comments:

Donna K. Weaver said...

Can't wait to get a copy of "Possession". I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to the release party on the 8th or wait until she does a signing in my city on the 11th.

Unknown said...

Someone posted the first line of this book elsewhere. Great stuff - and I love the cover art. Thanks for sharing this post. I love to see readers who are actively and enthusiastically promoting their favorite authors.

Eric said...

Donna - I can't wait either. Unfortunately, I can't make it to the release party but I will keep my eyes open for her touring through my town.

K.M. - Thank you for stopping by. Elana is a talented writer, so of course I had to do my part to celebrate her success :)

erica and christy said...

So nice to see the blogging community support Elana this week - she's been so supportive of us!

I was lucky enough to already win an ARC of Possession AND a copy of Across the Universe this year. Great books!
erica

Eric said...

Erica and Christy - Heck yeah. Elana has supported me so many times I've lost count. She is awesome beyond measure. Congrats on the books. I WILL be getting a copy of Possession one way or another.