A to Z Challenge 2013

Monday, May 17, 2010

Feeling a little...uncertain

I apologize for the long gap between posts. I guess I'm just feeling a little...uncertain.

My last post was really fun. And judging from the comments, it was well received. The problem is that when I sit down to do it again - you know, catch that same electricity - it just isn't happening. I really like when something comes out halfway decent, but man do I hate the seemingly vast periods when things are just rough.

Anyway, this is a short post. I will do my best to get over this ugly feeling I have about my writing, so bear with me. I'll do a longer post tomorrow. I have some comments to share about Galen Kindley's book Hearts Of The Morning Calm and coming soon I may even have an interview with the author.

Thanks everybody.

8 comments:

Christine Fonseca said...

Hey Eric - I have been going through a dark time with regards to my writing...so I get where you're coming from. Don't worry about the blogging and all...you'll find your stride again. No doubt!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Ah, Isuckitis. Have you seen the video by Elizabeth Gilbert - a new way to look at creative writing?


If not, you should check it out. I watch every single time I get low like you're describing. It's worth every minute you watch it. I hope you find your creativity again. It's a dark place to feel those vast periods you describe.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Maybe you'll read something online today that will inspire you.

Michelle H. said...

Never sweat it. You'll be surprised when you sit down one day and the words won't stop pouring out.

Anonymous said...

Eric - I may have just the thing to help lighten things up for you and have a little fun. It is an award over at my site and you are one of my nominees. Enjoy.

http://the-new-author.blogspot.com/

Eric said...

Christine - Thank you. It's not as dark as it was yesterday :)

Lady Glamis - Thank you so much for pointing me at that video. It helped a bunch and was truly inspirational. You're awesome.

Alex - I did, thanks to Lady Glamis. You should check it out too.

Michelle - Thanks. I'm hoping tonight will be that moment. Keeping fingers crossed anyway.

Brian - Dude, you are so awesome. Thanks a ton.

DEZMOND said...

The only cure is to believe in your dreams and your talents!
PS thanks for reading and visiting HOLLYWOOD SPY, Eric :)

Rebecca Woodhead said...

It's OK to be OK once in a while. Striving for perfection every day is a giant pain in the rear. Give yourself a break and just be. :)