A to Z Challenge 2013

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Contest Results - Time Again To Celebrate

I have been running a contest for a couple weeks now to celebrate my 200th post. I had planned on choosing the winner this morning, but what can I say. My day job had me busy - on a weekend no less - and I honestly forgot all about it until now.

Thank you for all of the people who stopped by to comment or add their own story of celebration. The stories and poems were fun to read, and I'm happy you all honored me with your entries.

To make things fair, I had my youngest son do the work for me. I typed the names on a page. He then cut the names out, folded them, put them in a hat, and drew out the winner at random.








Before I announce WHO the lucky recipient is, I'll mention the prizes. These prizes come care of the awesome Elana Johnson, who graciously agreed to help me out. They are:

1. A critique of the first 10 pages of a work in progess/final draft/whatever.
2. A critique of your query letter.
3. A free copy of Elana's magnificent e-book From The Query To The Call.

Now if those aren't awesome prizes, I don't know what is.

Are you waiting on the edge of your seat? Can you feel the tense anticipation? Okay, I've made every wait long enough. The lucky winner is:

B.J. Anderson

Woohoo, congratulations B.J.!! I'm pretty sure you already have Elana's email address, but if not, let me know and I'll get you in touch.

Thank you once more to Elana for being so awesome. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your support of newbie writers like myself. And thank you everyone else for being a part of this. Maybe I'll do another one of these sometime soon.

7 comments:

Michelle H. said...

Congrats, BJ! So awesome! And thank you, Eric, for holding the contest. I'm going to have to do something special when my 400th post comes up on the old surly blog (or maybe at 350 - if I remember !)

B.J. Anderson said...

Man, I'm so excited!! Thanks so much, Eric, for the awesome contest! I can't believe I won! Awesome!

jjdebenedictis said...

Yay, BJ! Congratulations! It's an awesome prize.

(Psst, Eric. Can you add a link to BJ's entry? For those of us who are, um, really lazy and kinda incompetent.)

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Congrats on your 200th post! That's amazing. It'll be a while before I get there. But congrats as well to BJ! I'll try to enter the next contest.

I actually followed you here from a comment you left on Kimberly's blog. It was very supportive, and I adore Kimberly, so I couldn't help myself ;)

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Annnnnnnd by Kimberly, I actually meant Erica, who is as equally awesome as Kimberly, but I had two windows up and my befuddled brain got mixed up. Still, glad I followed you over ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the 200th post.

Unknown said...

Congrats BJ! And awesome prizes!