A to Z Challenge 2013

Friday, November 18, 2011

I'm Getting Too Old For This *$#@)!

If anyone's been wondering where I've been over the last week, I'll clue you in.  Between a severe cold my son shared with me (thanks, ya punk) and an email disaster at work, I've been sick AND working 70+ hours over the past week.  In fact, last night was the first night I got more than 2 hours of sleep in about 3 days (I think.  Times and events are really hazy at this point).  As I look over the past two weeks, I've put in about 125+ hours at work (something my wife and kids are not real happy about either).

Needless to say, today is the first time I've been able to formulate anything close to a creative thought outside of email server troubleshooting.  And even that is difficult at best.   So since I cannot be truly eloquent, I will only say that I haven't fallen off the planet and am still here.

One thing I do need to mention though is that I'm tentatively scheduled to go visit an actual genetics lab as part of research for my WiP.  I had it planned for this week, but...well, you can see why that didn't work out.   Next week though I should be able to get up there and check things out.  A very kind geneticist has offered to give me a tour and help me with whatever research assistance I need.  I'm very excited about this, as this is a first for me (going somewhere to do research).  If I can, I'll even see about snapping a photo or two, which I will gladly share with all of you.

Have a great weekend everyone.  I'll try to be more coherent and put up a longer post on Monday.

3 comments:

Tere Kirkland said...

Wow, that sounds really cool! The lab research part, not the sick as an overworked dog part. ;)

I think half the country has had the same head cold this past week, I know I did.

Glad you're feeling better.

Glynis Peters said...

Sorry to hear you are under the weather. An award might cheer you up. One awaits over at my writing blog.

Eric said...

Tere - Yeah, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow afternoon at the genetics lab. And yes, I'm feeling much better. Thanks.

Glynis - Aww, thank you very much. I'm headed over right now.