A to Z Challenge 2013

Friday, January 21, 2011

Quick Celebration On A Friday

This is just a quick note for those who don't know.  The awesome and talented Erin Anderson (a.k.a. The Screaming Guppy) has landed herself an agent.  That's right, she's now represented by Joanna Volpe of Nancy Coffey Literary and her book Hound In Black And Blood will soon be gracing all our bookstores.  Okay, it'll take a little bit for that to happen maybe, but I'm excited for her nonetheless.

Erin (whom I affectionately call Guppster) is someone I admire a great deal.  She has provided me with wisdom when I've needed it, has helped remind me just how much I have to learn, and (though she may not know it) inspires me to constantly tweak my own writing so that it will be up to par.  Plus she is a Diet Coke w/ Lime drinker, so that vaults her into the stratosphere.  It's about time somebody else is now giving her an avenue to get her awesome works published.

Please take a moment and stop by Erin's blog to congratulate her.  She has worked incredibly hard to get here, and she deserves huge accolades.  If you know of anyone else who recently got picked up by an agent, let me know and I'll give 'em a shout out too.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's cool! Hope she lands a book deal soon.

Eric said...

Alex - Me too! Thanks for stopping by.